From Brownie 127 to Panasonic Digital





























The first camera I used was a Brownie 127, bakelite, oval shaped and basic. since then I've had a few cameras, all of course film cameras. Yesterday, looking through my computer photo gallery, there were over 3,000 photos, and not one of them have I had developed or printed.

In some ways technology is wonderful, in some it's not the same. I can recall the days of film, when I took photos and then had them developed; the excitement of opening the envelope and wondering if they had emerged as a I imagined them or not. And often it was, not. Now I can take photos, delete them there and then if I don't like them.

Here are some of my 3,000; photos of some of my favourite subjects, snow and one of my cats. The cat in this photo, Earl Gray has just seen snow for the first time. You can tell by the expression on his face. I imagine that what he's thinking is "where are those socks she said she'd knit me"

Comments

Popular Posts