Journal Lost.............. Journal Found

My journal goes everywhere with me...  and each one gets a new cover so they are quite different and I can't miss them...  but oh gawd, as I've just discovered...  I can lose them..

Got up yesterday, going for a long walk, to walk off the birthday excessess, first check my bag, phone, money, bus pass, and journal...  not in my bag, What!!!! Not on my desk... not in the living-room, not nowhere....  picture a panic. 

Well it's good way to get myself going, I was out and sitting outside local cafe having a coffee by 8.50 am.  Just ran into M and S to check I hadn't left it there, no, nothing in their lost and found. So armed with caffeine and a moment for pause, but feeling bereft without my trusty journal to scribble in, I sat.......  was it the caffeine?  or just the pause? It came to me, yesterday I had popped into Smiths for something and I have a visual image of me, journal in hand, trying to manage my purchases with one hand, and bag in other and journal, and I had put it down whilst I paid.

Just finished my coffee as the shutters in Smiths were being raised. So I ran in and immediately the guy who had served me yesterday raised his hand and said, "I think I have something that belongs to you", and with his free hand he reached under the counter and produced my Journal.  I wanted to hug him, so overjoyed was I.

...... and no am not even going to reflect on "what if" the contents of my journal have been read or some of my less than generous observations ( I have made generous ones too)  of my fellow Millhillians have been posted to YouTube....  my journal is now back with me....

Comments

Chris said…
I love your journal covers and what a good thing they're so arty and personal, it made an impression on the guy who served you. I would have been so tempted to read it if I were him, and by your writing style, I'm sure it would have given him immense pleasure! I saw your comment on Caaje's blog about the journal sewing, Did you get your answer? If not, you'll see how we all love the same online "Remains of the Day Journal class at:
http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/rotdoci.html
Just click on her video. I've made three of these delightful journals and love making them, but haven't posted photos of them yet, need to get my picture-taking act together! BTW, I'm enjoying your blog - chris
Carin Winkelman said…
I love the look of your journals, especially the one on the bottom seems to have very nice colors on the cover.
As for loosing a journal I can relate. During a sketchcrawl I left mine on the terrace of a museum and it took me hours to find out I didn't have it in my bag anymore. Total panic! Thank god mine was still were I left it and seemed untouched (or very neatly put back, haha). Loosing a journal is like a nightmare come true.
ainelivia said…
Thank u for your lovely comments. Chris I'm having a look at the Remains of the Day Class. thanks for the suggestion. Caatje, i planned to take a walk that day with a friend, and if my journal hadn't turned up, i think i'd have gone home and into major meltdown!!!
Anonymous said…
Hey clever girl I DO so adore your work......we'll have to play soon?? xx BEST love Sian xx

Popular Posts